Monday, June 12, 2006

Battening Down the Hatches

Neil Gaiman linked to me yesterday, which means there should be a surge of new folks running through here. Please be nice to them.

It'll be all I can do not to re-load the traffic meters every hour and obsessively trace outclicks. It's not that I care terribly about how many people read this, it's just that I'm the kind of geek who loves raw data.

Anyway, if you are one of the new folks who stuck your head onto the main page to see what's going on, hello. Welcome to the land of the Hornswoggler; I hope you enjoy it and maybe stay a while. This is a fairly book-centric blog, as you'll probably notice. Every week I take a look at the books I read that equivalent week some year in the recent past, and try to remember anything about them -- I call this Reading into the Past. I also tend to do month-end round-ups of what I've read, some of which I can't talk about (because I read them for the SF Book Club, or, currently, in my role as one of this year's World Fantasy Award judges). I've also been keeping track of movies that I've seen and other things of probably only minor interest.

I also pick on David Itzkoff for no good reason when I get a chance (watch this space for further updates), kick over anthills far too often, and occasionally pick on poor fan-fiction writers. But I'm really not as grumpy as I may seem. At least I think I'm not. I think I'm smart and charming and devastatingly witty, but then I also sometimes think I'm the King of Roumania and married to Emma Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment