Friday, June 16, 2006

A Kindler, Gentler Hornswoggler

I spent some time this afternoon working on a long, supposedly-humorous post about editors' lies, but I think that's going to sit for a while. Looking back, I've been awfully sarcastic and nasty this last week or so, and it's time to dial that back a bit. (I don't want to turn into a caricature of myself.)

Since I've been doing the other blog for the SFBC (which is getting all of the short, newsy posts), this one has become the home, mostly, for my odd thoughts and musings about the skiffy world -- which, more often than not, are cynical, depressive, or both. Luckily, I'll be able to start talking about the books I'm reading again in about a month, which should keep this from being all-picking-on-short-fiction-writers, all-the-time.

Even before that, I am going to try to control the number of look-at-those-idiots postings here, and even strive to be positive some of the time. Feel free to call me on this if it doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment