Monday, June 12, 2006

On Astroturfing

Emerald City reports that bloggers are being asked to help promote movies and other consumer products, and wonders how far it will go.

I'd just like to say, for the record, that no one has sent me anything specifically for this blog, and that all opinions expressed here are my own. (Or those of the Hornswoggler, which is not always the same thing.) Not that anyone ever suspected otherwise...

On the other hand, I love free stuff as much as the next guy, and I am based in New York City, so if anyone out there wants to let me into their movie screening or send me random things, I promise to at least try to like whatever it is. Use the e-mail addresses at the end of my profile to contact me.

Science fiction/fantasy publishers, however, should already be sending me books, under my SFBC hat, because I very well might pay you money for the use of those books. If you publish something skiffy, let me know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment