Friday, December 15, 2006

Book-A-Day #152 (12/15): PostSecret compiled by Frank Warren

The first collection of postcards sent to the "art project"/blog is probably too much to take in all at once, and would be best in smaller doses. (I read it straight through -- except for the introductions, which I'd read when I first picked it up -- tonight for Book-A-Day.)

I've been reading the PostSecret blog regularly for close to a year now, and some of the cards do affect me a bit...but the cumulative effect of a whole book of them is almost physical. There are a lot of people out there with a lot of secrets -- mostly unhappy ones, since that's the nature of secrets.

So don't read this if other people's troubles easily affect you -- that's all I can say. Otherwise, it's probably particularly interesting to writers, since it has so many people explaining important parts of their motivations in ways they wouldn't publicly.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment