Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Book-A-Day #149 (12/12): The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

There's no bookshot up here, because I haven't seen anything that looks final yet -- there are at least two possible covers different places on the web, but neither one looks quite done to my eye, so I won't put either of them here.

This is yet another book from the future; DAW is publishing it in April. They're very excited about it, and I have to say I agree with them; it's a major debut fantasy novel, and a joy to read. (It's a 667-page book, and I sped through it in three days -- I read nearly half of it on Sunday alone.)

But I read it in bound manuscript form, which means what I read was seriously unedited (and I ran across a lot of the typos and thinkos that characterize the unedited manuscript). So I won't comment at all about the plot; with my luck, anything I could mention has already been changed in the final edit. I'll just say that it's a good 'un, and that it's not the kind of story you'll expect from the first thirty or so pages.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment