Thursday, December 28, 2006

Childish Pastimes for a Christmas Morn

Every family has holiday traditions, but those of the Wheelers are odder than most -- I could mention the stealing-candy-bars game, for example -- and today I'm here to tell you about one of them.

My mother has been getting my brother Dan and I small Lego sets for Christmas since we were young enough that it made sense. (A related point is that I always complain that Dan gets the better set, because he always does.) This year was no exception; we each got little Lego racers. After the frenzy of package-opening (a frenzy since an eight-year-old and a five-year-old were involved), we started talking about the latest weird Lego thing, which is building small sets in their bags.

Neither one of us had tried to do that yet -- we're only small-time Lego geeks -- but Dan started in on his, and I followed. It's harder than it looks, and it's one of those things that's difficult for stupid reasons, so complaining about it is not met with much sympathy.

In the end, we were both successful. My proof is below; my brother can get his own blog if he wants to brag about his own work. (Though I do have to admit that his set had about twenty more pieces than mine did, and I think the extras were all fiddly little pieces.)

No comments:

Post a Comment