Monday, December 18, 2006

Movie Log: Shaun of the Dead

After a longish dry spell (broken only by The Wife and I rewatching one of my very favorite movies in the world, Love Actually, and watching the MST3K'd The Dead Talk Back one rare day I had the house to myself), I finally saw another movie. Shaun of the Dead came from Netflix about a week ago, but I finally watched it Thursday night.

It wasn't quite as funny as I'd thought it would be (maybe because I'm not steeped in modern British sitcoms, which seemed to be the source of all sorts of jokes that flew past me), but it was definitely enjoyable.

The odd thing is: as far as I can remember, this is the first zombie movie I've ever watched end-to-end. It'll probably stay that way for a while; I have no real interest in watching people die, so horror movies only fill me with a mild distaste for their creators and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment