Sunday, December 31, 2006

Things Say The Darndest Things

My elder son, whom I usually refer to as "Thing 1," is about eight and a half, and his conversation is usually concentrated on convoluted explications of the mystical and martial-arts backgrounds of his favorite TV shows. (Often without any explanation that he is talking about a TV show, so I sometimes wonder when I see him talking to someone and can't hear the conversation.)

But he can be clear and direct when necessary, as I have to keep reminding myself.

Why, just the other day, The Wife took him to see his doctor, since he's been coughing and sniffling for several weeks straight. The doctor then asked what was wrong with him.

"I've got bacteria in the mucus in my throat," sayeth Thing 1.

The doctor then noted that this is quite common at this time of year, but that most children don't put it quite that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment