Sunday, December 17, 2006

Book-A-Day #154 (12/17): Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn

This has been published, but I read it for work, so I should still be a bit reticent. It's the sequel to Kitty and the Midnight Hour, continuing the story of a werewolf radio-host. Yes, it's another one of those contemporary fantasy series (the kind we're calling "urban fantasy" or "vampire shaggers" or maybe something else this week), but the writing moves well and the story is well-told and I really hope the manuscript of the third one will show up in my office tomorrow so I can start reading that one.

I think that all counts as a recommendation; I haven't read piles and piles of this sub-genre, but this is one of the better ones I have read.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment