Monday, December 25, 2006

Book-A-Day #162 (12/25): Try Rebooting Yourself by Scott Adams

Well, the cover of this latest Dilbert book certainly looks like Adams has stopped trying -- I don't think I've ever seen a more generic comic-strip book cover in my life.

The strips included, though, are Adams pretty much doing the same thing he's been doing for the last several years. The jokes can be a bit repetitive, but I'm still finding a fair fraction of them funny, and so far that's been enough to keep following the series. The biggest interest for me, lately, has been following the minor tweaks drawing on a computer have made to Adams's aggressively minimalist style (it's particularly noticeable on teeth).

If you like Dilbert, you'll like this book. If not, it won't convince you. It's not a great strip at this point, or the breath of fresh air it was in the early '90s, but it's not a strip kept running long past its natural death, either (like Dennis the Menace, or Blondie, or a dozen other strips I'm sure your local paper still carries).

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment