Friday, December 08, 2006

This Is The Year That Was In Hornswoggling

Michael A. Burstein wasn't sure if this was a meme or not, but I figure if people pick it up from each other, then it has become a meme. So I'll pick it up from him, and make it that much more meme-like in the process.

What to do: post the first sentence of the first post from each calendar month of this year, with links.

January:
Rolling three dice for the second time, and I get a 4.

February:
Do you ever stop adding people to your list?

March:
SF Site has just put up their list of the Best SF and Fantasy Books of 2005:

April:
"Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgment difficult."
--Hippocrates

May:
I've kept out of the Kaava Viswanathan muddle mostly because I didn't have anything in particular to say.

June:
Into every life a little utter frivolity must fall, and this was my dose last night.

July:
I might seem to be a nice person (not here, I mean, in real life -- if you're one of the few Antic Musings readers who actually know me in real life), but, really, I'm not.

August: I love randomness (at least in small, controlled doses, for purely research or scientific purposes), so I had to do another version of the "set your playlist to random and answer these questions" meme.

September:
Patrick Nielsen Hayden linked to an online Asperger's quiz recently (well, not all that recently, but I was poking though his LJ this morning, and I noticed it).

October:

I spent a few hours yesterday reading the first hundred-or-so pages of a SF novel I was quite enjoying, but, one of the times I came up for air, I had to ask myself the dreaded question "But can I get SFBC members to buy it?"

November:
A collection of cartoons (mostly five apiece) from about thirty New Yorker cartoonists -- but these are all cartoons rejected by The New Yorker.
(Please Note: I do realize that the above is not actually a "sentence" in the strict grammatical sense. Stuff happens.)

December:
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!' until you can find a rock."
- Wynn Catlin

It says much more about my posting style than I want to accept on a Friday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment