Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Book-A-Day #170 (1/2): This Book...of More Perfectly Useless Information by Mitchell Symons

Today was a tough day. First I thought I'd finish the novel I was reading, but I had to run out at lunchtime to buy a new palm-top (my old one died over the vacation, and now my schedule is in utter disarray) instead of reading -- so that book will probably get done tomorrow. Then I was reading a graphic novel at home this evening (in between checking Thing 1's homework), but I wasn't going to finish that, either.

So I went to the trusty emergency back-up shelf, pulled this (formerly a bathroom book) off of the top, and read the last twenty pages or so. It's another in that long line of basically disposable books of odd facts; this one is organized very well for glancing through, though it's awfully British. (Nearly all of the lists of celebrities who have done whatever include "Mel B," whoever he/she/it is.) It's also the second of three that the author has compiled -- That came before This, and The Other inevitably followed.

I'm beginning to get tired of Book-A-Day, so it may end soon. Originally, I was aiming to hit the end of 2006, and I've now done that. I'm not sure now whether I should aim for a full six months (which would be January 16th, #184) or just hold out for the nice round number of #200 (which would be, I think, February 1st, a pleasing date as well). It may die before that, but I think I can hold out until at least the first of those dates.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Mel B. to have been a Spice Girl.
Nadine

Anonymous said...

Yup, one of the Spice Girls.
A Google of "Mel B" will reveal all... especially a Google Image search...

Michael Walsh

Post a Comment