Monday, January 29, 2007

Book-A-Day #197 (1/29): Now We Are Sick edited by Neil Gaiman and Stephen Jones

This is a collection of horror poetry -- well, jokey horror poetry really. It's mostly doggerel, and I don't generally like horror to begin with, and my tastes in poetry are a bit odd as well.

Which is all to say that I couldn't stand this. It's exceptionally lightweight (by design), so saying any more than that would be overkill. It wasn't for me, but it was short, and it only hung around the house for about a year before I managed to read it.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That art reminds me of Gahan Wilson.

Andrew Wheeler said...

James: Probably because it's by Gahan Wilson -- you can sort-of read his signature on the top of the coffin.

Anonymous said...

That would certainly explain the similarity to Wilson's work.

Post a Comment