Friday, January 26, 2007

Incoming Books: 26 January

Went to the comics store today, and, despite the fact that I couldn't find a whole bunch of things I was looking for (The Push Man and Other Stories, Vol. 4 of Path of the Assassin, The Grave Robber's Daughter by Richard Sala, and Vol. 6 of The Legend of Grimjack), I still managed to spend a lot of money.

My last trip was before Christmas, though, so that was one reason. I got two issues each of Sonic the Hedgehog and Teen Titans Go! for the boys, and five little digests (mostly Marvel, and many from the 70% off shelves, so they were pretty cheap) for them as well.

For me, I got two actual pamphlet-type comics (Castle Waiting and Gumby), and a number of book-shaped objects:
  • Spider Kiss by Harlan Ellison
    It's a nice edition, and it's one of the few Ellison books I don't already have, in one form or another.
  • The Cartoon History of the Modern World by Larry Gonick
    Wasn't this supposed to come out in October? I've been waiting forever for it to turn up at the comics shop, since I pre-ordered it there.
  • B.P.R.D.: The Universal Machine
    More Hellboy spin-offs.
  • Queen and Country: Operation: Storm Front by Rucka and somebody
    Goddamn! I thought this was an old one, but it was in my pull file, so I took it. Looking at the shelf now, I see I already have it. Someone's getting a Queen and Country present soon, I guess.
  • Alias, Vol. 2: Come Home by Bendis and Gaydos
    Which I read on the ride home, so it will be the next post.
And when is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier going to come out? I need me some more Victorian super-team action!

No comments:

Post a Comment