Sunday, January 07, 2007

Book-A-Day #175 (1/7): Ironside by Holly Black

Book three of the loose YA contemporary fantasy series, featuring mostly the main characters from Tithe, with a couple of the people from Valiant showing up in important roles.

I like the way Holly Black writes, I like her world; my thoughts about some of her characters are, on the other hand, mean-spirited and unprofessional, so I've deleted them. (The two main characters from Tithe return as the main characters of this novel, and I'm not entirely fond of certain stereotypically teen aspects of their personalities, nor can I completely believe that their behavior would lead to their survival.)

There's a strong strain of teen relationship book mixed up in the fantasy here, which I note for those who may have reactions similar to mine.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment