Monday, June 11, 2007

Blog in Exile: Introduction

I used to blog for another place -- which I'm not going to refer to directly -- but, over there, what I mostly posted were long lists of links to various things of SFnal interest, with some minor commentary. No one else was doing quite the same thing, and I think it was of use to some people in the field.

I have hopes of doing the same sort of thing for someone else in the future -- anyone with thoughts, suggestions, or business propositions on the subject can find my e-mail in the profile to your left -- but, for now, I'm going to try to continue it here, under the "Blog in Exile" category.

This means that anyone who only wants the lists of links and news can click on "Blog In Exile" in the left-hand column and get only those news-y, link-filled posts, and thus avoid my more tedious and long-winded (and generally less SFnal, too) emanations.

The plan is to post at least on weekdays, at least two or three times (to round up reviews and interviews, with other things as they happen and I find out about them), but life may intervene. I suspect "Blog in Exile" posts will usually go up later in the day than posts on the Other Blog used to (generally between 11 AM and 2 PM Eastern), but we'll have to see how it works out.

And, today, what you'll get is over a dozen posts, some of them very long -- I've been saving interesting things as unread in Bloglines, and I finally had to do something about them. Today's posts aren't quite the accumulated news and links of the past two weeks, but it's close. I hope you enjoy them and find them useful.

5 comments:

Neth said...

Excellent - miss the round-up posts you were doing and nobody has stepped up to fill the void.

Anonymous said...

Agreed; thanks for still doing these posts.

Bibliomike said...

Thanks for continuing the blog. It was always top-notch and I look forward to reading more of it.

Anonymous said...

It'll take me well into the wee hours of the night clicking my way through all these links - wonderful!

Joe said...

Wow! Thanks Andrew. That's a great round up of reviews and links and other great information. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I read some other blog that you used to post on once upon a time. Now when I get tired of reading my own posts, I have more good stuff to seek out. Appreciate it.

Post a Comment