Friday, June 22, 2007

Blog in Exile Note

I spent the day in the city with my two sons (doing the Museum of Natural History, and then poking about in the park for a couple of hours), so I didn't have time to do the "Blog in Exile" posts (which are fun, but time-consuming) this morning. I'm not sure if I'll get to them over the weekend, but, if not, that just means more goodies for Monday...

(People are also starting to e-mail me things that they'd like me to link to, which I totally want to encourage, so please continue. The e-mail address is at the end of my profile, off to the left there -- {gestures vaguely}.)

Oh, what the hell, one link: Stephen of Live Granades saw my link yesterday to the Mundane SF blog and took umbrage with what he sees as the Procrustean Bed of Mundane SF. (I'm not overly fond of MuSF as a movement, myself, though I'm not quite as outraged as he is. It's not a movement until the pogroms start, and MuSF is just about ripe for a good schism about now.)

1 comment:

Jim Stewart said...

I completely agree with Live Granades here. I'd add one more thing. The, um, mundanists(?) seem to think that fiction is primarily about things, rather than people. One of the purposes of speculative fiction is to explore human nature by stretching the laws of reality.

I wrote more about this here.

Post a Comment