Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Just Read: Edmund and Rosemary Go To Hell by Bruce Eric Kaplan

This is a short book, in comics form (actually, more like children's picture-book form, since the words are mostly captions, not word balloons, and there are no panel borders), by the New Yorker cartoonist.

I found it pleasant but not overly involving; we follow the existential crisis of two very New Yorker-y New Yorkers, as they discover something unlikely and learn to live with it.*

I don't mind having spent time on it, but I wish it was a book of BEK cartoons instead; I don't think it quite works, and I suspect there might have been a lesson or moral or something that I was supposed to have gotten.


*Hint in the form of a literary allusion: "Why, then, this is Hell, nor am I out of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment